Outcast by society because of his hideous appearance, Quasimodo lives under the protection of Claude Frollo and the cathedral of Notre-Dame. His world revolves around the bells, but once the beautiful gypsy girl, La Esmeralda, enters their lives, things can never return to the way they were before. An epic tale of beauty and sadness, The Hunchback of Notre Dame portrays the sufferings of humanity with compassion and power. The book is translated by Isabel Florence Hapgood, a major U.S. translator of French and Russian literature.
- Battle of the Books - K, 1, 2
- Battle of the Books - 3, 4
- Battle of the Books - 5, 6
- Battle of the Books - Middle
- Battle of the Books - High