American science-fiction writer Harry Bates, who used the pen name H.G. Winter, composed a number of highly influential stories that stand as hallmarks of the golden age of the genre, including the story upon which the 1951 film The Day the Earth Stood Still was based. The pulse-pounding novella Under Arctic Ice follows the further adventures of brave explorer Ken Torrance as he fights back against the weird creatures that reign over the Arctic Sea.
- Battle of the Books - K, 1, 2
- Battle of the Books - 3, 4
- Battle of the Books - 5, 6
- Battle of the Books - Middle
- Battle of the Books - High