Lamb used Homer's Odyssey as the basis for the re-telling of the story of Ulysses's journey back from Troy to his own kingdom of Ithaca. Not a direct translation and deemed modern in its time, Lamb states in the preface that, "I have gained a rapidity to the narration which I hope will make it more attractive and give it more the air of a romance to young readers."
- Battle of the Books - K, 1, 2
- Battle of the Books - 3, 4
- Battle of the Books - 5, 6
- Battle of the Books - Middle
- Battle of the Books - High